I’ll add pictures and proper text to this later. On my way out…
- 50g ground almond
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g soya flour
- 50g protein powder
- 50g poppy seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 25g gluten powder
- about 3 tablespoons of cocoa (more if you’re feeling decadent)
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- the scooped out contents of 200g (uncooked weight) sweet potato, baked until mushy inside
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 flax “eggs” (2 teaspoons ground flax/linseed, 2 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (more if you think it needs it)
- 2-3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cloves, allspice
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb
- water as needed
Mix all the dry stuff except the bicarb and cream of tartar.
Add the wet and mashed stuff. Mix that in.
Add the bicarb and tartar, and stir until “just mixed”.
Pour into a rectangular baking tray (I line mine with greased foil usually because then I can just lift the whole thing out and peel off the foil) and bake! (For about half an hour on about 180C, checking occasionally).
Makes 12 slices.
Per slice (approx): 174 Cal. 10g carb (3g fibre), 10g fat, 10g protein.