2017 is almost upon us, so here’s the preliminary before it happens.
I’m setting myself a challenge.
I will spend no more than ten pounds a week on food.
My food store cupboard is full of stuff. Like, really full. I have lentils, split peas, flour, potatoes, pasta, cans and onions and all kinds of stuff that I sort of use but not really.
Also, it’s fun. I enjoy challenges.
- I have a Monday-Sunday £10 a week food budget.
- Overspends must be declared and justified.
- The money is for my food and drink only. This means:
- My pets, boyfriend and any guests can be accounted for separately. If I make something and share it, it counts unless I can justify it. Special occasions etc.
- Food and drink are counted. Clothes, glitter, fuel, bills, novelty moustaches etc are not counted.
- Store-cupboard stuff is fair game. Waste not, want not.
- I must check in on my blog once or twice a week.
- I will keep a food diary throughout.
I’m not really good at these about-nothing posts. See y’all in a week.